For those times when you lose a button unexpectedly or dog and cat hair attacks your wardrobe, you need a mini-wardrobe emergency kit.
Here are nine wardrobe maintenance essentials you need to keep your designer clothes looking just like new.
- Sweater Shaver– This handy tool removes the small balls of fabric (pills) that form on your sweater under the armpits, along the hem and on the sleeves. Buy a battery-powered tool, with a protective screen, to shave off the unwanted fabric.
- Shoeshine kit – When you scuff your suede shoes or the polish is fading on the toes of your favorite Jimmy Choos, you need an instant shoe repair kit to save the day.Maintain and restore your designer shoes with shoe polish, brushes, suede erasers and polish applicators.
- Hand Steamer – A hand steamer is a godsend when you want to remove stubborn wrinkles without firing up your iron.Beware of the power that the steamer wields, although it can prolong the life of suits, pants and dresses, it can damage silks, satins and delicate fabric…beyond repair.
- Shoetrees – A shoetree, whether made from plastic or cedar, maintains the original shape of the shoe after each wearing. Cedar shoetrees remove odor and keeps your toe box from collapsing.
- Woolite – A gentle liquid detergent, Woolite is a famous no-bleach fabric wash used to clean lacy lingerie, cashmere sweaters and silks. Consider using Woolite when hand washing swimwear and delicate fabrics too.
- Shout Wipes – If you are prone to spills at work, or want to prevent your fine designer clothing from dying a premature death at the dry cleaner, Shout Wipes are your new best friend. These moist towelettes are great for zapping tough stains in an instant.
- Static Guard –Spray on a little Static Guard to fight static cling and separate the inside lining of your dress from your thighs.
- Tape Roller or Lint Brush – For the times your dog and cat deposits hair on your suit or you’ve been attacked by lint, uses these handy tools to keep clothes dust and debris-free.
- Sewing Kit – When you need to fix a falling hem or attach a button, a sewing kit is a handy do-it-yourself tailor in a box. Buy a kit that includes scissors, safety pins, various colors of thread and many needle lengths to lower your clothing repair bills and up your home-economics skills.
Purchase these items at a drugstore or large discounted retailer to fight spills and stains and refresh your treasured designer wardrobe items in an instant.
Use these important wardrobe tools to prevent wardrobe malfunctions, prolong the life of your designer clothes and keep your image perfectly polished 24/7.