Got a false eyelash obsession? Or need a few eyelash extension tips?
Ever since Maybelline founder and chemist T.L. Williams whipped up a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust for his sister Mabel in 1915, women have desired long and luxurious eyelashes.
You too can satisfy your own lash passion with these eyelash extension tips.
If you don’t want to apply eyelash perm kits or eyelash conditioning serums to your existing lashes, here’s a guide to apply fake eyelashes, so you can dress your eyes in a snap.
- Step 1– If this is your first time applying false eyelashes, buy the cheapest drugstore pair you can find. It’s best to buy an all-in-one eyelash kit that supplies the lashes and the glue.
I know you are a fashion forward beauty goddess, but it is not time to apply mink lashes a la Madonna or Jennifer Lopez, yet.
- Step 2-Trim the eyelash strip the length of your natural eyelashes and lids. Use a small set of cuticle scissors to trim the eyelash.
- Step 3 -Apply eyeliner to give you a guide to apply the fake eyelashes. Don’t skip this step.
Until you become a true professional at determining the best place to place the lashes on your natural lash line, the eyeliner helps to guide shaky hands and nervous fingers.
- Step 4– Curl your lashes with a lash curler. If you cannot afford a gold-plated Shu Uemura eyelash curler, an inexpensive one will do.
- Step 5- Ready. Set. Glue. Uncap the glue and use a small brush or a toothpick to spread the glue on the eyelashes. Lay the eyelash as close to the line of eyeliner you’ve drawn at the base of your natural lash line.
- Step 6– Starting at the middle of the lash, press the false eyelash down to each corner of your eye. Hold the outer and inner edges down for 3 to 5 seconds to ensure that the false eyelashes adhere completely.
- Step 7– Apply one last swipe of eyeliner, and Voila! You are ready to paint the town with your new lovely eyelashes.
Although the application of false eyelashes can frighten even veteran makeup-lovers, you don’t have to be afraid to pump up your natural lash line with false eyelashes or eyelash extensions.
With a little practice and a whole lot of patience, you can make your eyes stand out and take your eye makeup game to the next level.