Pearls, diamonds and jeweled wristwatches have adorned the wrists, necks and ears of well-dressed women at dinner parties, fashion shows and weddings.
If you are looking for unique ways to dress down your jewelry however, consider wearing your baubles and bling-bling with casual ensembles.
From choosing the right pieces to match with your casual wardrobe use these tips to create a layered effect or play with the perfect length, textures and hues for the modern wardrobe. Here’s how:
Wearing Casual Watches and Jewelry:
- Select the right pieces. When wearing a simple work outfit, such as dark pants and a crisp white top, wear a long necklace as a belt. Or to add a masculine touch, pair one of your large casual watches with your ensemble.
- Add a strand of pearls to your spring and summer dresses. Wrap a strand of pearls wrapped around your neck twice adds drama to a summer dress worn during the day as well as an evening gown.
- Unleash your inner rocker chick with a pair of statement earrings. Pair your tank tops and shorts with long and dangling silver earrings to add a rock and roll vibe to your casual wear.
- Beware of mixing the trends. While charm bracelets and large bib necklaces appear in fashion editorials. Mixing these two bold pieces will cause a fashion faux pas in you everyday wardrobe combinations. So choose the charms or the bib necklace, not both when wearing a casual or dressy ensemble.
- Want to wear the perfect necklace for your face shape? Round faces and square faces shine with delicate and long chains that draw the eye downward. Wear chokers and short necklaces if you have an oval or oblong face shape. The shorter styles balance a long face by bringing weight to the top of the neck.